Saturday, March 6, 2010

A Book with Character

I read Pride and Prejudice for the first time two years ago, for a Woman's Lit Genre Studies class.  I loved the class and I loved the book, and since then, I've not been able to get enough of either Austen, or Pride and Prejudice!  When we discussed the book in class, my professor drew us a short example character map to show how the character's interact and since then, I've always been fascinated with the interconnection the character's share.  So, while surfing around the net looking to feed my Pride and Prejudice obsession, I found this awesome character map and thought I'd share for the benefit of my fellow Austen fans.


[via]

If you've not read Pride and Prejudice, I highly recommend it.  Penguin Classics Deluxe Edition has a beautiful new edition, but I've always preferred the Norton Critical Pride and Prejudice for it's annotations and footnotes, as well as critical essays.

Next up on my reading list Pride and Prejudice and Zombies!

3 comments:

  1. I plan to read this book, so I'll most certainly keep this character map for when I do! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure! I LOVE this book and am always surprised to hear when I hear that others haven't read it. I always recommend it, but I'll spare you since you say you're planning to read it! I do hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read "Pride and Prejudice" for the first time and loved it! This character map is great; thanks for showing it. And I just dove into "Pride and Prejudice and Zombies" myself! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete