Saturday, May 28, 2011

On My Wishlist: No. 4

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. Post the books you're dying to have but haven't gotten yet, head over to Book Chick City, add your name to the linky and you're off!

This week, there's a series on my wishlist. I usually pick three books I can't wait for, and put them here, but there's not normally a theme. This week, a theme! These books look so good and their covers are so beautiful. I cannot believe I haven't had the opportunity to get them sooner.

Fallen-Cover-LaurenKate
So simply and yet, hauntingly beautiful. I love it. I'm a sucker for a good cover and this whole series, so far, has remarkably beautiful covers. This book's been out since September 2010 and has, somehow, slipped my attention. The only thing better than a good cover is a great story, so I'm looking forward to getting my paws on this one.
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.
TORMENT-679x1024
I actually saw this one before Fallen, wanted to get it, but realized it's the second in a series. I can't read a series out of order, it's not in me, so I went looking for Fallen. Now, I want both of them!
Hell on earth. That's what it's like for Luce to be apart from her fallen angel boyfriend, Daniel. It took them an eternity to find one another, but now he has told her he must go away. Just long enough to hunt down the Outcasts - immortals who want to kill Luce. Daniel hides Luce at Shoreline, a school on the rocky California coast with unusually gifted students -Nephilim, the offspring of fallen angels and humans.

At Shoreline, Luce learns what the Shadows are, and how she can use them as windows to her previous lives. Yet the more Luce learns, the more she suspects that Daniel hasn't told her everything. He's hiding something - something dangerous. What if Daniel's version of the past isn't actually true? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else? The second novel in the addictive FALLEN series . . . where love never dies.
Passion
Bet you weren't surprised to see this one! It won't be out until June, so I've got a small wait, but I'm thinking that gives me more than enough time to get the first two and read them before this one hits shelves.
"Every single lifetime, I'll choose you. Just as you have chosen me. Forever."

Luce would die for Daniel. And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.
I hope you're having a good Saturday. I'm off to check out some other wishlists and then I'm going to snuggle down with my Kindle and work on my current read, Notorious by Nicola Cornick!

11 comments:

  1. The covers really are gorgeous! I have the first two on my shelf and haven't read them yet. A shame, I know! I really need to get to it. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Fallen and it was pretty good. I have not read the second one yet. The covers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful covers. I bought Fallen last or two weeks ago (don't remember). But can't wait to read it. It has to wait after my finals. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful covers! They're on my never-ending TBR! Thanks for stopping ours!
    Under The Covers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you and everyone else. These covers have to be the most beautiful covers that I have seen in some time. Hope you enjoy them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man I am seriously SO EXCITED to read the next installment of this series!! I just loved the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the first of the series on my wishlist. My featured wish comes from the Armchair BEA interview I conducted earlier in the week. Come see who I interviewed and what book I've added.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the first two of these on my shelf, Arc signed copies which I won in a giveaway and I still haven't gotten round to reading them! I hope you get to them soon and they don't sit on your shelf as my copies have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the covers to all three of these! I've been wanting to read these for sometime now but have yet to pick them up. Hope you get the chance to read them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read these yet either, but those covers are striking. So gorgeous. I hope we both get to read them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These covers are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! I especially like the ones for "Fallen" and "Passion".

    I have read the first two books, and am eagerly awaiting the third. However, I liked "Fallen" much more than "Torment". I will still get the third book, because I love the characters! And, of course, I LOVE angels, even if they're fallen! (Just as long as they're not demons...)

    Hope you enjoy the series! : )

    Maria @ http://anightsdreamofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete