Friday, June 3, 2011

A Cute Little Book for Girls Who Game

While out and about with my husband today, we dropped into the Hastings. For those who might not know, a Hastings is a media store--books, movies, music, etc. It's not exactly a book store, but it suffices in the absence of one. While we were there, we wandered over to the gaming books and while my husband browsed books for Dungeons & Dragons, and World of Darkness, I happened upon this...

Confessions-of-a-Part-time-Sorceres13-lge

Given that I've been a gamer for upwards of 12 years, a beginner's guide isn't really something I need anymore, but this book is so cute that I couldn't resist! It's a short guide for girls who game, particularly those who play Dungeons & Dragons, as it was published by Wizards of the Coast, the producers of D&D. The inside is white, black, and pink and has little tidbits of advice for girls playing in a world ruled by boys. This picture really doesn't do the cover justice, but it's the best one I could find. If you're a girl who games, you might find this cute little book to be worth a look!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder what the stats are for girls/guys playing video games....

    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that sounds ace. I'm not big on D&D, I've never tried it, but I love video games and stuff so its good to see gaming books aimed at girls for a change!

    ReplyDelete