Friday, June 29, 2012

Fifty Shades of Withdrawal: The Book List

If you've read Fifty Shades of Grey by EL James, then you likely know where this is going. I finished them a while back, though I've only gotten up a review for Fifty Shades and not the the other two (yet), and have been suffering the kind of withdrawals that come from the sudden realization that something you loved, despite yourself, is done. It happens to me every time I read a really good book, sometimes more than others, and this is no exception. In fact, this time it's worse. This time I miss the characters and, occasionally, find myself wondering how they're making it. Crazy, but true. They're fictional, but that doesn't make me love them any less. What's crazy is that before Fifty, I never read contemporary romance, though I've always enjoyed Regency and historical romance, and erotica. EL James has opened me up to a whole new genre and I'm loving it!

So, when I came across Girly Obsessions post about what to read if you were going through Fifty Shades withdrawals, I set about finding and reading nearly all of them. Without those neat girls at Girly Obsessions, I might still be in a funk about Fifty Shades, and because of them, I'm in a whole new one--I'll explain that later when I review Thoughtless Effortless by S.C. Stephens!

In honor of that, over the next week I'll be posting reviews for some of the books I've been reading to fill the void finishing Fifty Shades has left in my book-loving soul!  Here they are:

  • Bared to You by Sylvia Day
  • Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire
  • Thoughtless & Effortless by S.C. Stephens
  • Love Unscripted by Tina Reber
  • Slave & Need by Sherri Hayes

So far, that's all I've got, but that doesn't mean that's all there will be. The reviews may also not be in that order, who knows how my fancy will strike from one day to another! What's better, most of the books on the list are self-published! That just makes me giddy because I just love a good self-pub and some of these have been very good!

So be on the look out for those soon, as well as a review for Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed.  Oh and I've got a book by Tammara Webber called Easy that I'll be getting around to here soon, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment