Thursday, January 7, 2010

Never too busy for a book...

Cross posted with Pretty Pessimist.




I signed up for the 2010 Busy Bookworm Challenge and I think you should too!!

You may have noticed the button on my sidebar, it's been there for a few days now. I came across this challenge last year, about October, and though I felt at that point that I couldn't manage to make it work for the lateness of the year, I made sure to bookmark the page so I could find it again at the beginning of this year. I'm busy, we all are, but I really feel like this is a good way to keep reading for pleasure in the mix when things get tough. So, if you're an avid reader with a busy schedule, it might be for you, too.

I'm adding this to my new year's resolutions... It's just too much fun not too!! Of course, a whole week in the new year is gone, so I'd better get reading if I hope to make it work. Here's my list for 2010:

  1. Kushiel's Avatar (Kushiel's Legacy, Book 3) by Jacqueline Carey [Review]

  2. Kushiel's Scion (Kushiel's Legacy, Book 4) by Jacqueline Carey

  3. Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen & Seth Grahame-Smith

  4. Mr. Darcy Takes a Wife by Linda Berdoll

  5. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

  6. Bound by Honor by Colette Gale [Review]

  7. Master by Colette Gale

  8. Taboo by Jess Michaels

  9. Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran

  10. Bathory: Memoir of a Countess by A. Mordeaux [Review]

  11. The Lightening Thief (Percy Jackson & the Olympians, Book 1) by Rick Riordan

  12. Poison Study (The Study Series, Book 1) by Maria V. Snyder


For now, I'm just going to start out with 12 books, but am certain I'll add more later as I inevitably come upon books that I just have to read. The list will likely not go over 24 books in all and though one book a month seems like a very conservative estimate, with everything else I have going on this year, it might also be more realistic than two or three a month that I would like to read. The books on the list represent a wide variety of genres, which should keep me entertained. They're also in no particular order, though I will start with Kushiel's Avatar because I've recently begun reading it.

Finally, the challenge is not just to read the book, but to write a review about it once I've finished. So, throughout the year, I'll be writing reviews for the books currently on the list, and those I add to the list. I'm looking forward to getting started and will be posting a link to this entry on the sidebar with the badge so that it's easy to find, since I'll be making additions to, and striking books from, the list throughout the year!

If you're interested in participating, I encourage you to click the link at the top of this post, or the badge on the sidebar, and sign up for the challenge yourself. More information is available at the Busy Bookworm Challenge page, complete with rules and web-badges. Please let me know if you decide to sign up. Also, I'm always on the lookout for more great books, so if you have any recommendations, please don't hesitate to suggest them to me!!

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment