Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Welcome to 'A Turn of Page'...

I'm glad you stopped by!

I always have trouble with inaugural blog posts, sad but true.  Starting a new essay or paper never phases me, starting a short story or even a novel has never been this much trouble, but blogging gets me every time!  I suppose what comes now is a little bit about myself, the blog, and why I decided to open it in the first place, so here goes.

My name is Kristyn and I'm a bibliophile -- I love books!  I live in a tiny little town in central Texas, where there's nothing to do and no distractions, and where reading is my singular getaway from the monotony of small town living.  My husband, Matt, and I moved here in the summer of 2004 to attend a small local university, from which I graduated in December 2009 with my BA in English.  I'm currently working toward my MA in English at the same university, while working as a freelance writer.  If you're interested in knowing more about me, see this blog's about page, or find me at Pretty Pessimist, my personal blog.

The blog is, not surprisingly, about books!  As someone who appreciates literature, this blog will be my place to discuss everything literary.  Book reviews will abound, but so too will information about book genres, book releases... well, pretty much anything and everything bookish!  After giving this project a good deal of thought, I finally decided to open this blog because books are important to me and I want to share that with you.  Simple as that.  Until now, my book reviews have been appearing at my personal blog, but I feel like this is a subject deserving a blog unto itself.  So was born 'A Turn of Page.'

I hope you'll stay a while,  enjoy what I have to offer, and come back again!

No comments:

Post a Comment